RUNNING SESSION 2
Okay so firstly, well done on completing the first running session and all the bodyweight sessions thus far! This running session we ramp things up a little, but still building up with progression as to keep away from any injuries or pains.
Again, it's not just a jog around the block, I want you to follow a specifically designed plan so that I can continue to intensify it as we progress along over the coming days and weeks.
Okay so here you go, this is how I want you to attack today's run:
1. Start with a stretch at home before you head out for your run. You can pick out a few stretches from out previous stretch session again.
2. After stretching you are going to start the session with a 15 minute walk. This 15 minute walk could get you to the park where you will do your running, or if you are already at the park then you can simply walk around the oval for the 15 minutes.
3. Now that your 15 minutes of walking is complete, I want you to do 15minutes of jogging at an easy speed, a speed you can jog for 15 minutes without having to stop at all.
4. Now we are into the fun part. Now you should feel nicely prepared to crush the next lot of harder work. So we are going to complete various distances of sprints with different walking rest periods. This is how you are going to execute the session:
2x400m - Rest 3mins in between
3x200m - Rest 2mins in between
6x100m - Rest 1min in between
5x50m - Rest 30sec in between
5x25m- Rest 30sec in between
1x800m - Main work is now complete
5. Now that was so fun wasn't it!!! Finish the session with a further 15 minute walk; either walking back home or around the park before you drive back home.
6.The work is now complete, just be sure to stretch again tonight or tomorrow morning!